withoutsanctuary.org
Comments about Without Sanctuary

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The Brutal Truth of the World!

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    withoutsanctuary.org Forum Index -> Read Visitor Comments
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Matarese

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2006 8:24 pm    Post subject: The Brutal Truth of the World! Reply with quote

After viewing this short, but powerful slideshow, it made me realize that the drama within my life, as hard as it may seem, comes no where in comparison to what others have to concure everyday. The people being lynched, along with their family members went though so many things, and things that I will never be able to understand. For instance, due to the fact that I'm white, I will never have to go through life fearing something that hurts me everyday, but can never seen, such as racism. This slideshow almost made me hate the human race because I just found it absolutely terrible that we, as a whole, could do something so horrid to another person because of their skin color. How stupid! For me, being brought up in a home where racism was never an option, I can look back on those times and be detached from the situation, however those things within those pictures happened and should never be forgotten.
McKenzie

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2006 8:49 pm    Post subject: RESPONSE TO THE BRUTAL TRUTH OF THE WORLD Reply with quote

I find it very interesting how you acknowledge racism as a force that effects others, but is never seen. Racism is in the eyes of those who keep it alive, oh it has a face, along with limbs, internal organs and skin. I find it extraordinarily interesting that you neglected to name those repsonsible and chalked it up to the world. You hate the entire human race for what those who look like you did. Those were your great grandparents, uncles and aunts out there hoisting bodies up trees. Unbelievable. There are plenty of events that came before the lynchings. How about slavery and the middle passage? How about the building of this country you so freely trollop around and then have the audacity to flaunt the belief that you will never have to experience racism. How arrogant and white of you. You are vastly becoming the minority in this country wake up and get your head out your ass!
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    withoutsanctuary.org Forum Index -> Read Visitor Comments All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: