withoutsanctuary.org
Comments about Without Sanctuary

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Nathan Gifford History 371

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    withoutsanctuary.org Forum Index -> Read Visitor Comments
View previous topic :: View next topic  
David

PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2006 12:04 am    Post subject: Nathan Gifford History 371 Reply with quote

I was really suprised to see the picture of the lynched white man. I never really thought that white people were also lynched. The information that accompanied this photograph was also suprising. It talked about the different symbolism associated with lynchings. The white man, for example, was hung under a bridge that crossed over a river. This was most likely meant for a religious reason. That photo was especially shocking because it shows how noone was really safe from lynch mobs.
David

PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2006 12:10 am    Post subject: Re: Nathan Gifford History 371 Reply with quote

[quote="David"]I was really suprised to see the picture of the lynched white man. I never really thought that white people were also lynched. The information that accompanied this photograph was also suprising. It talked about the different symbolism associated with lynchings. The white man, for example, was hung under a bridge that crossed over a river. This was most likely meant for a religious reason. That photo was especially shocking because it shows how noone was really safe from lynch mobs.[/quote] I am also suprised of all the different places across the country where lynchings took place. As these photos show not just Southern states, but also: Oklahoma, California, Kansas, Indiana etc.
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    withoutsanctuary.org Forum Index -> Read Visitor Comments All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: