withoutsanctuary.org
Comments about Without Sanctuary

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

CKHS ELA 20

Post new topic   Reply to topic    withoutsanctuary.org Forum Index -> Read Visitor Comments
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Chrisluyben

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2007 5:18 am    Post subject: CKHS ELA 20 Reply with quote

After viewing the video, "Without Sanctuary," I felt very sad and disturbed. I have always known that minority groups experience hard times. This video reminded me, however, that I belong to a majority race that has repeatedly behaved horribly towards minority groups throughout history. It is no secret that the White race, being the dominant group, has caused terrible pain, both emotionally and physically, for minorities such as Black people. This was evident in the video, as I viewed image after image representing White power.

The image that disturbed me most was number twenty-two because it showed the burnt remains of a Black man hanging for the White people's entertainment. This man had been tortured and hung up for all to see almost like a trophy is put on display. This was like victory for the White people to enjoy. This horrible act was also meant as a message to the Black community - be afraid of our power! It hurts me to believe that people at that time or even now would want to see such cruel horror.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    withoutsanctuary.org Forum Index -> Read Visitor Comments All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: