withoutsanctuary.org
Comments about Without Sanctuary

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Where was god?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    withoutsanctuary.org Forum Index -> Read Visitor Comments
View previous topic :: View next topic  
andercole

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2008 1:44 pm    Post subject: Where was god? Reply with quote

Sadly absent whilst many suffered. I post this in response to many who invoke a deity in the face of the horrors illustrated on this site and as a counter to the distortion of these hideous practices as "god's work" by many who participated.

I welcome comments.
Miathebaby

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2008 2:52 pm    Post subject: God is always with us Reply with quote

[size=18]remember that he will never be absent in our life and he will be always with us in the good and the bad no matter what. the only thing is that sometimes god may things happen for easons that the world dont want to see it but at the end we do and most of the times is to late [/size][color=red][/color]
andercole

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2009 7:55 pm    Post subject: god and human suffering Reply with quote

I am unable to fully decipher Miathebaby’s rather cryptic take on the English language but I deduce from his/her poorly chosen words the suggestion that god’s purpose somehow lies behind both the hideousness and the good of human activity in all its forms and that purpose is unfathomable which surely raises the question, to what end could a deity possibly justify the unimaginable suffering of so many? Is god therefore ambivalent to suffering?
ansar1013

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2011 2:17 am    Post subject: where was GOD Reply with quote

It is my opinion that we are born with Free Will. We are free to do as we will with our life our deeds. GOD has nothing to do with this. GOD has created the Universe - GOD lays down Universal Laws for us to live our life by. But if we do not treat one another with Love & Kindness as GOD advises us to do. It is our fault not GOD's.

It is on the individual to suffer the logical consequences of our actions. Our life does not end with Death. We go to the next phase of Life where we will be judge on our Actions. Did we work to better society? Did we Love Did we Forgive?

This type of action is going on right now in Iraq, Afghanistan, Pakistan Libya and with the white Police Officers shooting unarmed Blacks. When was the last time you heard of a Black Police Officer shooting an unarmed White Person?
andercole

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2011 9:12 am    Post subject: curious purpose Reply with quote

I still can't fathom the so-called "purpose" of god who appears to have laid down "universal laws" as you say yet imposes no proscription on anyone's adherence to said laws. When were these laws laid down? Were there universal laws before human beings were present on earth to perceive them? And why do so many people appear to have flouted these laws? (e.g. in the sickening actions illustrated on this site and in countless other examples over the centuries of humans' presence on earth). The question remains unanswered for all those millions of people over the centuries who have suffered inestimable cruelty and barbarity of all kinds at the hands of others - were was god?
ansar1013

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2011 3:36 pm    Post subject: where was GOD Reply with quote

Very very good questions. I do not have the view of GOD that you find in Religions all Religions in my view miss the point. GOD is not to be worshipped GOD does not require our worship but requires us to better our Society and work to establish a Society based on Justice.

GOD has nothing to do with these actions, GOD has created man with Free-Will so that if men want to go around dropping Mini-Nukes on defenseless civilians just are they are doing right now in Iraq Afghanistan & Pakistan he is free to do so. Just as we have the Free-Will to gather ourselves up in a group and condemn and punish those Elites in Power that have organized these illegal Wars.

Their is a Law of Karma in the universe. If your deeds are sick evil and twisted you get that back into your life. If your deeds are good then you received goodness back into your life.

Their are other Universal Laws such as the Law of Gravity. Try getting up in a tree and flying. These are basic. Their are Scientific, Logic and Mathematical Laws in the Universe. And Human Beings are not only able to perceive them but use them to their advantages.

You ask where is GOD. GOD is not some spook in outer space with a long beard commanding us to do this and do that. GOD has given us a earth that is full of land water fruit. He has given us air to breath. We breath air but we dont see it that does not mean the oxygen does not exist.

No, it is up to ourselves to stand-up as men and women whenever we see injustices being done and say no. The failure that you see in these pictures is that you had plenty of people standing around they could have done something but chose not to. They punked out. That is not GOD's fault. It is the failure of men who lack the courage to do right. The fault is not in the stars but in ourselves.

We, have a chance even now to speak out and stop these illegal wars in Libya & Iraq - but are you, am I? Or are we just going to sit by and let this evil occur. We have the power to do something but most people are a bunch of cowards and don't have the balls to confront Power. See it is easy to blame a God we don't know instead of pointing the finger where it belongs and that is at us. You have examples of great men that have stood up; John Brown, Nat Turner, Dr. King, Rosa Parks. But they are few and far between.

We cannot look to someone else to help us we must help ourselves and in helping ourselves GOD will be with us. We however must take the first steps and have the Courage to do so and not look to GOD to help us. GOD helps those who help themselves in doing good deeds. If we are a bunch of punks and cowards their is no one to blame but us.
andercole

PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2011 7:25 pm    Post subject: still can't find him Reply with quote

Your explanation suggests god does nothing and has no purpose whatsoever! You imply that all deeds are the work of humans and of no one else. What part does god play in anything at all? You say "in helping ourselves, GOD will be with us": what is the actual/impact effect of "god being with us"? You also state "See it is easy to blame a God we don't know instead of pointing the finger where it belongs and that is at us." I certainly don't blame any god! That's my point - no god plays any part in anything whatsoever! "GOD does not require our worship but requires us to better our Society and work to establish a Society based on Justice." I agree wholeheartedly with that purpose and to a significant extent in my professional role and personal lifestyle, I work towards that purpose - I just don't see what a god's got to do with it.
ansar1013

PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2011 10:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How in the hell am I suppose to have an idea as to what GOD is thinking or doing for that matter. This is not some discussion on GOD or anything else. Whatever you believe is fine with me, you can worship piss for all I care. I don't care. My point is very specific.

I am here to establish a system of justice in this world and replace this current system of injustice. These lynchings that were done can only be blamed on the cowards and punks in the crowd that lacked the testicular fortitude to fight for right. People know what is right from wrong. We just lack the balls to do something about it. So instead of getting bogged down into some GOD talk we should discuss strategies and tactics to completely destroy this current system of injustice.
ansar1013

PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2011 12:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I ask you this one question. What are tactics & strategies that can be used
now to completely destroy this system of injustice?
Howard2015

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2012 10:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Perhaps, in a sense, this was god's intent. Don't villify me. I'm not stating that god meant for these people to die, but, rather, what is learned from it. Human minds work like binary codes. We only know what something is because it is unlike another. With that in mind, how could we ever come to know what equality, peace-[i]freedom[/i] are without having known their vices. If the world were always and forever a utopia of peace and happiness it could hardly be called life. It'd be a stagnant vaccuum of collective experiences that would forever be without meaning. In the same sense that death is what makes our fleeting time here precious, these hardships make our good times, well, good.
Valetta

PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2012 5:58 pm    Post subject: Where was god? Reply with quote

I am new to this site, though I participated in the Without Sanctuary Exhibition, some time ago in Atlanta.

Given the recent deaths of unarmed Black males, who were simply standing their ground, I am coming to two conclusions. One Black male in one white house hides the slightness of social progress in the grassroots of the U.S. And God still awaits creation's awakening, so Godly Intervention can begin.

We do live in a world of dichotomies... hot and cold, up and down, pleasure and pain. But to think that our human brains are limited to the functionality of the electrically induced binary computations of artificial intelligence that we humans build is like saying that our hands can do no more than a forklift can do… a rather hopeless way to view our capabilities and possible futures.

Rather than destroying a system of injustice, wouldn’t our fleeting time of life be better spent building systems of justice? Does a “utopia of peace and happiness” really mean there would no longer be any sweet and sour, smooth and rough, light and dark, life, death and their accompanying joy and sadness? Would the lack of murder on this planet really make it such a boring place to live life? Inquiring minds want to know.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    withoutsanctuary.org Forum Index -> Read Visitor Comments All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: