withoutsanctuary.org
Comments about Without Sanctuary

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Human Atrocities

Post new topic   Reply to topic    withoutsanctuary.org Forum Index -> Read Visitor Comments
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ygonz

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2012 3:40 am    Post subject: Human Atrocities Reply with quote

Everytime I see images like these, I feel heartbroken. I just can't believe the injustices and atrocities that human beings are capable of commiting. Many times I wonder if other beings exist in other planets and if they are as heartless, cruel, destructive, and selfish beings as we are. What is even more sad is that we don't change. Lynchings still exist today. Perphaps, not to the same extreme that existed centuries ago. But, the reality is that we often see blacks getting brutaly beaten or killed just because the color of their skin. I am glad this website was created. Maybe these images will help people think and realize that although our skin color could be different, we all share the same color of blood. Despite our differences,we are all human beigns and as such we must all love each other.
s142117

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2012 2:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We think that society today should be civalized enough to terminate all of this violence. Lynching should just be a tragic event of the past. As humans we should be ashamed to still be practicing this type of violence.
historyclassfosho

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2012 4:57 pm    Post subject: lynching today Reply with quote

it is terrible that lynching is still ocurring today. The fact that people are not even aware if this is sad.
mizwatts709

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2012 1:00 pm    Post subject: A New Millenium Lynching? Reply with quote

As a librarian, I first bought a copy of Without Sanctuary for the library. I was horrified but thrilled the authors had the courage and foresight to complete the book. Little did I know while viewing the photos, that a possible lynching occurred in 2004 in Mississippi. I am going to write a novel based on the true story.

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1718367613/gods-long-bones-a-novel
alyssataylorjen

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2012 1:33 pm    Post subject: lynching Reply with quote

i agree. It is sad how people can be so heartless and ignorant to what is happening in the world around them.
Unterwalden

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 2:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We`ve been here for what? 100,000 years? some say longer - in any case, we have always been like this. No other living creature does what we do to each other. Seeing as we are still doing the same things now, means that we are either incapable of learning, or we enjoy it. Slavery, violence, abuse, torture, domination - somehow we have not been able to shake these things since the Dark Ages, and in some sick way, they seem to have become accepted by the majority of society today because they happen all the time, every day, around the globe.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    withoutsanctuary.org Forum Index -> Read Visitor Comments All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: