withoutsanctuary.org
Comments about Without Sanctuary

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Hatred is the root of all evil

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    withoutsanctuary.org Forum Index -> Read Visitor Comments
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dawn0564

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2005 2:33 am    Post subject: Hatred is the root of all evil Reply with quote

My US History class teacher showed this presentation to us, and after it was over, there was a silence in the classroom that was so deathly. As a African-American, I've always been into the history of my ancestors. I knew about lynchings, but a pictures worth a thousand words. A thousand words that left me stunned, in disbelief. These pictures made me feel angry, sad, and scared. They made me ask, why? They made me feel sick.
This is one of the most touching experiences that I've ever had in my life, and it was in the form of a presentation. Something about the way the man talks, something very haunting about it all. And the thing I found most disturbing, was not the pictures of the hanging corpses, but the smiling faces in the background. Farmers, and mothers, store owners, children smiling up at the dead, and abused body of a human being. Christians, people who went to church everyday, and lived by the word of God. But, in a sense, maybe it's not so surprising that they believed in God. More people die in the name of religion than in the name of evil.
This presentation showed me the importance to end ignorance. The world, whether India, Iraq, Rwanda, Spain, Brazil, America,... We are all one people. One species. We are all human beings and it only hurts us in the end when we allow our hearts to turn to stone. Yes, we all have our own cultures, our own beliefs, and faiths. But am I really that much different from you just because the tone of my skin may be darker, or your hair thin or thicker? We all have the same mind, the same hearts, the same red blood flows through our body. We all can either love, or hate, and this is one of the many messages that the hate needs to end, before it ends all of us.
Kush Queen

PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2005 7:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The "Christians" you see in the photographs are hypocrites. You should not be alarmed. Just because they are store owners and famlies and grandparents just like you doesn't mean a thing... It does not make them any more or less equal to you. You musn't used that as any kind of justification. We live in two seperate worlds. On top of that, we live in our own individual worlds. That being said, you may share similarites with another on the surface, but the person behind the flesh, skin and bone may be as evil as can be. And do not forget, that some of those who did the lynchings felt as though they were doing the right thing. Further proving my point. Everyone lives, thinks and operates differently. What may be right to you, is wrong to another
Kush Queen

PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2005 8:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We live in the same world. It doesn't mean we all think the same. You are naive. You need to travel and experience people.
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    withoutsanctuary.org Forum Index -> Read Visitor Comments All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: