withoutsanctuary.org
Comments about Without Sanctuary

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

WE CAN NEVER FORGET THE ATROCITIES THAT MINORITIES SUFFERED
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    withoutsanctuary.org Forum Index -> Read Visitor Comments
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JAM

PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2005 2:10 am    Post subject: Africa Reply with quote

I continue to do my research. Perhaps you should do yours.
http://www.hartford-hwp.com/archives/45a/010.html

PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2005 2:17 pm    Post subject: Re: Africa Reply with quote

[quote="JAM"]I continue to do my research. Perhaps you should do yours.
http://www.hartford-hwp.com/archives/45a/010.html[/quote]

Asinine
JAM

PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2005 3:21 pm    Post subject: TRUTH Reply with quote

In resopnse to: QUOTE "Asinine"

That's funny. I understand how you feel so hang in there because the truth will set you free. Embrace it, share it with others and you'll be a better person for it. http://www.hartford-hwp.com/archives/45a/010.html
Kadako

PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2005 5:09 pm    Post subject: Are we forgetting? Reply with quote

Anyone of an independant ability to think knows full well that many Africans found peace in America before the arrival of one chris columbus.

If we're basing the pride of our heritage on who met the indians first, I stand tall knowing that my great Viking ancestors came to this land at around 1000 AD. This was before all historical evidence of Africans migrating there. They named this land Vinland, before being kicked out by the very territorial Indians. They were kicked out because they tried to take the land by force, either way I win.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2005 5:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kadako wrote: "either way I win."

What is it you're competing for Kadako?
Amy

PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2005 5:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was wondering the same thing too Kako. What did you win?
Kadako

PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2005 1:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A round of rum with baron samedi
psychmaj101

PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2005 11:29 pm    Post subject: You're in denial GUEST Reply with quote

Q. Slavery happened so long ago. I am not responsible for it. Why can't we just forget it?

A. The nation's race problem, a structural economic inequality between the races, is directly traceable back to and across four centuries of slavery and Jim Crow apartheid (semi-slavery).Slavery and Jim Crow established and maintained imbalances between the races. Under these social and economic systems, nearly 100 percent of this nation's wealth and power resources, and controls of all levels of government, were mar-distributed into the hands of dominant white society. The advantages, preferences and wealth assets, in the form of stocks, bonds, shares, businesses, land, insurance benefits and trust accounts, are passed from one generation to the next through inheritance laws. Though whites today continue to enjoy the advantages of centuries of govemment-supported preferences for Whites, most live in a state of denial about how their group's wealth and power were acquired.

Q. Why should the U.S. government apologize to Blacks for slavery?

A. For centuries, this nation's "Government of, by and for the people" did not include the Black race. Without government support, neither slavery nor Jim Crow segregation could have long endured. The government has apologized to all other groups to whom it has committed offenses, except Blacks. Yet, Black Americans have borne the burden of every obligation this nation has had since 1619. Black Americans did not confiscate nearly two billion acres of land from Native Americans. However, for more than four centuries, Blacks paid taxes and their life blood so that Whites who did confiscate the land could develop and enjoy it. Money out of Black pockets supported a federal Indian bureau and state commissions that gave Indians benefits that Blacks never received. Blacks did not start WWII, but money from their pockets made up the $13 billion that rebuilt German under the Marshall Plan and Japan under the Point Four Plan. Blacks did not intern Japanese Americans in the 1940s but helped to pay $22,000 in reparations awarded to each descendant in 1992.Real racial equality for Blacks in America begins with an apology and acknowledgment from the government that millions of Blacks were wrongfully used and killed. Economic justice and reparations must naturally follow.

Q. Were not the Civil War, the 13th 14th and 15th amendments to the Constitution an apology?

A. History itself provides the answer to this question. The Civil War was fought for a number of reasons, but not to free black slaves. A primary reason was to relocate the slave-produced wealth and industries of the South to the North. Attitude surveys conducted on the eve of the Civil War reported that less than 2% of white Americans were willing to go to war with the South to free Black slaves. Ironically, the Civil War and the enactment of the 13th, 14th, and 15th amendments, ended full slavery, but allowed Jim Crow semi-slavery to replace it within two years. Jim Crow semi-slavery continued until the late 1960s.

Q. How is the Dred Scott decision related to today's controversies about racism and whether to issue an apology to Blacks for slavery?

A. The Dred Scott decision issued in 1854 said that 'Blacks had no rights that a White person was bound to respect.' That decision established a legal dictum that was a common thread through slavery, Jim Crow apartheid, and the period of benign neglect and continues to be reflected in policies to this day. The Dred Scott decision was never reversed by the courts. The dominant society's practice of equating and confusing Black experiences with those of gender, class, ethnicity and physical handicaps continues the legal legacy of the Dred Scott decision.

Q. What is racism?

A. Racism is a power relationship between groups based upon color. It is a group concept and occurs when one group has so much power that it can force another group to do what it wants. Its purpose is the uneven and unfair distribution of power, privilege, land and wealth to Whites. Contrary to the arguments of conservatives, racism is not fundamentally about individual actions and beliefs. The concept of racism did not exist until the 16th Century commercial enslavement of Blacks began. Because Blacks as a group do not have the power, the black race has no racists, only Blacks re-acting racism.

Q. Instead of race, why can't we focus more on the individual and individual accomplishment?

A. Race by definition refers to a group. Blacks as a group were subjected to the cruelties of slavery and Jim Crow apartheid. It was because they were members of a group that Blacks were enslaved, lynched, castrated. It is because of race that Whites, as a group, have advantages and preferences. It is easier for Whites to be attracted to the concept of individualism because with their wealth, power and population monopolies, they have not been and cannot be the victims of racism.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2005 2:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rather be in Africa?
Kobe

PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2005 2:52 am    Post subject: Life in Africa Reply with quote

Quote: "Rather be in Africa?"

Anyone who's actually been to Africa and experienced her unique beauty and natural resources would more than likely say yes to your question. Have you been to Africa, or have you just seen the media's short clips of only a small segment of it on television? For example if I visited skid row in your city (Poor Africian village), filmed it, and brought that footage back to my city (Anytown USA on television) to present as a representation of what your city is like, would that be a fair assessment of what life is really like there?

PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2005 10:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is that a yes?
Load up. Take a few with you.
Kadako

PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2005 12:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I say send every white person who takes this nation and it's resources for granted to Africa where they may actually have to survive on their wits and physical ability rather than what's handed to them by a biased government. Send every black person so zealously riteous about being black that they insult men like Martin Luther King Jr. and Booker T Washington every time they open their sewers too.

Africa or Mexico, one or the other.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2005 12:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Ms. black America, national negro college fund, BET, national black caucus, "historically black colleges". I see now, segregation is ok so long as the blacks do it. Whatever. If whites choose to be with other whites, then you cry racism. You don't want equality, you want preferrential treatment."

You come to this site and view hundreds of white psychopaths lynching and roasting black men. Your reaction is to call the 'national negro college fund' [sic] 'preferrential' [sic] treatment. I for one would be very happy for you to stay with your own kind. Long as its Bellevue.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2005 12:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

"I say send every white person who takes this nation and it's resources for granted to Africa where they may actually have to survive on their wits and physical ability rather than what's handed to them by a biased government. Send every black person so zealously riteous about being black that they insult men like Martin Luther King Jr. and Booker T Washington every time they open their sewers too. "

I say whites have done enough damage in Africa. Since when did white racists speak for black leadership?
Graceland

PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2005 6:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

''I see now, segregation is ok so long as the blacks do it.
Whatever.
If whites choose to be with other whites, then you cry racism. ''

thats very true. my brother went to a school where he was the OLY white kid in his entire class. now, by law, when group activities are in school, teachers have to have the groups balanced between any 'social differences' such as skin color. now where was the racist cry for the white kid, my brother, who got jumped in a class of all blacks?

where is the racist cry for the white man when he walks in 'the hood' and gets glared down, spit at, and possibly jumped or knifed or killed? cause someone invaded their gang 'territory'. its crude and primitive to kill over territorial rights, such as what happened where i live. and its not an uncommon thing.

maybe a years ago there was one-sided racism against blacks; but so is not the case any more. there is more than one racism, more than just 'degrading black' racism; its there for whites, hispanics, orientals, handicaps; all kind of people. so stop crying about justice for your people until their is justice for everyone else as well. your not the only ones who face racism.
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    withoutsanctuary.org Forum Index -> Read Visitor Comments All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: