withoutsanctuary.org
Comments about Without Sanctuary

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Sanctuary inside my Mind

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    withoutsanctuary.org Forum Index -> Read Visitor Comments
View previous topic :: View next topic  
brodgers

PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2005 3:33 pm    Post subject: Sanctuary inside my Mind Reply with quote

:lol: :o

Thank you for the moving discussion on C-Span this morning, God Bless you for having the courage to complete the project. I am happy but then a mixed emotion came over me as I realized that little has changed.
Unlike one caller this morning I will buy this book for my grandchildrengr :? They are home schooled and while that is a plus on one side, it can have it's down side. The oldest has trouble thinking out of box sometimes. So I try to fill in the gaps with grandmotherly wisdom.

My concern is because with little changing under an a surface political correctness our young people are lulled into a false sense of security. If I don't teach them to have discernment, they could become part of the modern day lynchings unknowingly. It is still the national past time as I see audiences tuning in daily to see not only blacks (Michael Jackson), (O.J. Simpson) , (Kevin Fox), but anyone else who might be Physiological, and Emotionally Lynched on worldwide television . While I don't want to teach my children hate, I must teach them self preservation with dignity.

Something they won't even learn in school outside of their home, is how to gracefully and tactfully handle situations in the cooperate world that are bias in every sense of the word. But as my grandmother told me, "Don't cut off your nose to spite your face".
Translation: I was in security at a presticious company during the O.J. trial (I am not siding with him, I don't really even like him) and it was a daily event at work all the way through the trial, for hour long discussions on how he was guilty and ought to burn, would take place. Even though I thought he should put away if he was guilty, a part of me was rooting for him just because of my hostile work environment.

A wise captain told me when the verdict is announced not to show any emotions if I wanted my job; not to agreed or disagreed. I had a couple of days to practice, and as hard as it was to control my facial expressions, I stood stone faced as the powers that be ranted and raved about the injustice, and how it was a travesty . Many got in my face trying to invoke a response. It reminds me of the picture you have chosen for your cover story. To connect to the imagery for a minute, just cut and paste a picture of a television set with O.J.Simpson's picture on it and paste it over the image of the murdered victim in your picture.
Erie isn't it? It's just America at their favorite past time.
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    withoutsanctuary.org Forum Index -> Read Visitor Comments All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: