withoutsanctuary.org
Comments about Without Sanctuary

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Historical Perspective

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    withoutsanctuary.org Forum Index -> Read Visitor Comments
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bob Gunnison

PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2005 3:46 pm    Post subject: Historical Perspective Reply with quote

While this is interesting from a historical perspective, what does it have to do with America today? Why focus on what we did wrong in the past, instead of what we're doing right today? You're telling the world that this is what America is. And yet more people die trying to get into America today then were ever lynched. Why is that? Why do people risk death to come to a murderous land? Shame on you for promoting a continuous culture of hate in America.

Abraham Lincoln founded the Republican Party when the other parties would not stand against slavery. The Republicans voted for the Civil Rights Act when the Democrats voted against it. Yet today this history is lost on the American conciousness. And how many white men died in the Civil War to free the blacks? And died to keep them free in WWI and WWII? Why focus on what was done by a few hateful "Southern Democrats?" Today the South is Republican. Times have changed. Move On.
WLG

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2006 3:48 am    Post subject: Why bring the Republicans into it? Reply with quote

It's fascinating that when faced with these images, you apparently felt the need to post comments defending the *Republican* Party.
Chris Barnes

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2006 9:37 am    Post subject: Re: Historical Perspective Reply with quote

[quote="Bob Gunnison"]While this is interesting from a historical perspective, what does it have to do with America today? Why focus on what we did wrong in the past, instead of what we're doing right today? You're telling the world that this is what America is. And yet more people die trying to get into America today then were ever lynched. Why is that? Why do people risk death to come to a murderous land? Shame on you for promoting a continuous culture of hate in America.

Abraham Lincoln founded the Republican Party when the other parties would not stand against slavery. The Republicans voted for the Civil Rights Act when the Democrats voted against it. Yet today this history is lost on the American conciousness. And how many white men died in the Civil War to free the blacks? And died to keep them free in WWI and WWII? Why focus on what was done by a few hateful "Southern Democrats?" Today the South is Republican. Times have changed. Move On.[/quote]

I also find this interesting, as this sounds like a case of denial. American was raised on this stuff, my friend. The point here is not to access who's wrong, but rather to present a sight of America that a whole lot of people would like to sweep under the rug. And this is one of the many, many things that has been silently pushed under the rug. If I recall correctly, there's [b]slavery[/b], [b]racial bigotry[/b], [b]murder[/b], etc.

America was created so that men could enjoy certain freedoms, yes. But we mustn't forget that people had to do a little bit of the dirty dirty no no in order for it to still be here today. You can't exactly talk about something without explaining its full details, including those "classified" things you don't want people to hear.

By the way, WLG, very well put in your post.
kunjof

PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2006 4:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

May I take a moment to say that you infact have a lot of gut to ask us "what the past has to do with America today? How ignorant could you be or may I say how selfish? Historian's pespective? I doubt it.....
Are you telling us the what happened in the past has no effect in the present. Don't you think that the wealth gained by the "white race" as a whole from the past dehumanization of my people is the reason why America is the way it is today. Why are blacks out there with less opportunities? As far as Abraham Lincoln, I suggest you study his philosophy before making bugous comments about his "Republican Party"

I must credit the American government for being the most convincing government ever. After all that has happened and what is happening right now, we still get people to want to live in America. Maybe you should travel and see how America is portrayed in other governments as "The Land of Freedom" when infact the only freedom here is the freedom to oppress others for ones interest.

I am most surprise that such comments you made would be posted on such a website. I do know that any humane being who watches this viseo would not dare claim that the past has nothing to do with America today!!!
Be sociologically mindful about your comments so you avoid mis-interpretations by others.
PEACE!
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    withoutsanctuary.org Forum Index -> Read Visitor Comments All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: