withoutsanctuary.org
Comments about Without Sanctuary

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Without Sanctuary

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    withoutsanctuary.org Forum Index -> Read Visitor Comments
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kaye Robinson

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2005 11:40 pm    Post subject: Without Sanctuary Reply with quote

Everytime I see these images they instill a controllable rage, yet I can rarely find anyone I can talk to so that I can release that rage. I feel like going out finding some white males- burn, mutalate and string them up, but what would that solve? The white folks who committed over 90 percent of these lynchings (I dare theorize) were never prosecuted, so why should I be prosecuted?

Please forgive my digression, but that is the way I feel! Being of fairly sound mind and body I would undoubtedly refrain from asserting those notions, but discourse is needed. It is sad that Americans have not really had a forum to confront these issues, but with documentaries of Emmitt Till soon to be released and the recent justice in the three slain Mississippi Civil Rights workers case, there may hope in reexamining white America's violent pass.

It's time for the white policy makers and the African American leaders to confront and deal with these past injustices. America will never be able to progress forward until we seriously confront this injustices. It's long over due to address America's racial issues, "without sanctuary".

In order for us to progress we can never forget the past.
Nganjah

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2005 4:52 am    Post subject: Beyond Rage. Time for a New Page Reply with quote

I just viewed the movie version of the lynching photo collection and I feel the same anger and lust for vengeance as do many of us (dispersed Africans), and I am also under the impression that White society and the US government (are they the same?) are itching to make examples of criminals, especialy African ones. It s clear that we really do need to move beyond rage to laying down our lives for the cause of African dignity.

The brutality of those Caucasian murderers has not yet received atonement because the nation that stood by and allowed its citizens to perpetrate thesse atrocities would like the world's peoples to adore and emulate it for its gee-whiz technological achievements and its lip-service to civilized standards.

Were it not for the widespread use of cameras Africans would still be prey to mobs and policemen. America's claim to be civilized does not quite make it past the CNN headlines or the press releases of the defence department. The right to kill one's citizens has to be relinquished in favour of the right to justice. The call must go out for an unqualified apology from the US government; for a ruthless unmaskng and punishment of persons and corporations who persist in justifying the mistreatment of Africans and for a collective appeal from all Americans for an end to senseless murder wherever the American footprint has been.

Many thanks to Msrs Allen and Littlefield for reminding us of this dark and stlll sinister corner of the human heart
Kush Queen

PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2005 9:06 am    Post subject: Apologies are Only Words. Reply with quote

If the government apologizes, then what?
Is that supposed to make everything alright?

It is not the government that needs to apologize, for apologies are only words.

"Oops, sorry for lynching your grandpa."
"Oops, sorry for raping your mother."
"Oops, sorry for beating your brother's skull in and then shooting him."

...get what I mean?
An apology from the government? I don't want that. It wouldn't do anything for me. It would not change the past. It definitely wouldn't put an end to racial/social conflicts, that's for damn sure. This is a ten second nation. Desensitized to violence and tragedy. It is almost "normal"
Instead of expecting and waiting for the apology that will never come, I instead turn to finding the Truth, and I advise you all to do the same
Sid

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2005 5:43 am    Post subject: Re: Without Sanctuary Reply with quote

[quote="Kaye Robinson"]Everytime I see these images they instill a controllable rage, yet I can rarely find anyone I can talk to so that I can release that rage. I feel like going out finding some white males- burn, mutalate and string them up, but what would that solve? The white folks who committed over 90 percent of these lynchings (I dare theorize) were never prosecuted, so why should I be prosecuted?

Please forgive my digression, but that is the way I feel! Being of fairly sound mind and body I would undoubtedly refrain from asserting those notions, but discourse is needed. It is sad that Americans have not really had a forum to confront these issues, but with documentaries of Emmitt Till soon to be released and the recent justice in the three slain Mississippi Civil Rights workers case, there may hope in reexamining white America's violent pass.

It's time for the white policy makers and the African American leaders to confront and deal with these past injustices. America will never be able to progress forward until we seriously confront this injustices. It's long over due to address America's racial issues, "without sanctuary".

In order for us to progress we can never forget the past.[/quote]

Speaking as a white male you offed me. That's nonsense about "white America's violent past". How about you blacks apologize for your PRESENT violence? How about cutting US a little slack at rest stops, ATMs and convenience stores". Stop trying to blame someone else and claim responsibility for yout own failure(s). Oh, and the little comment about finding a burning white male..come on down to BAMA and try B.
Kush Queen

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2005 12:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

To, "Sid"
on the violence of "blacks"

Judging a race on what a few ignorant people do doesn't really make any sense.

Why do some "blacks" rob ATMs? Because they're broke.
Why do some "blacks" rob others? Because they're broke.

And yes, I do agree that some people need to stop blaming others for their problems as justification for violent actions. It doesn't help the situation, really. But whenever progress is made, there's ALWAYS some ignorant person that is going to screw it all up.

And threatning someone by saying "come down to BAMA?" what good will that do? Fighting fire with fire? It'll only prolong the cycle of violence you speak of.
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    withoutsanctuary.org Forum Index -> Read Visitor Comments All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: