withoutsanctuary.org
Comments about Without Sanctuary

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Reaction to the truth

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    withoutsanctuary.org Forum Index -> Read Visitor Comments
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jlink

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2006 3:12 am    Post subject: Reaction to the truth Reply with quote

The entire time I was watching the short film highlighting the violence that took place long ago, I could not help by ask myself how. How was it possible to commit such a violent and inhumane act against these people? How could you stand there and watch so much suffering? How could you close your eyes at night and not see the pain in each dying person's face? How could you live with yourself if in fact you disagreed with these actions, but participated in them anyway?
People are people and a human life is a human life regardless of age, sex, gender, or race and I believe that anyone who was too scared to stand up for what was right should be remembered as a murderer. Throughout the past 100 years the US has stood up for the freedom and rights of so many different cultures from the Jews in WW2 to the Iraqi people today. How could we as a nation just stand back and watch as something so terrible went on right on our own homeland. These photos serve as an excellent reminder of what really happened and continue to inform many that have fallen victim to learning about "white history." It is important to see the harsh reality of mistakes made in the past and continue to trudge forward toward the ultimate goal of equality.
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    withoutsanctuary.org Forum Index -> Read Visitor Comments All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: