withoutsanctuary.org
Comments about Without Sanctuary

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The hell with History Books in elementary schools

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    withoutsanctuary.org Forum Index -> Read Visitor Comments
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Complex

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2005 11:48 pm    Post subject: The hell with History Books in elementary schools Reply with quote

The biggest influence on

You have to know your history, but sometimes your history can handle your beliefs...

There is so much less emphasis on positive history of "blacks" that kids subconsciously develope hierchal race mentalities. I cant recall my mother, or anybody black for that instance, telling me that white people enslaved us, and thats the reason we are in America. It was only when i had entered elementary school when I was told that i was the derivant of a people that i was sold into slavery, forced to labor, lynched if i was disobedient, would be seasoned to assimilate, and told that my queens were raped. And yes i know the importance of the sense of history, but i feel that it should be introduced at a higher level of cognitive development. I feel that history is a handicap to young care-free children that learn that they were held down and beaten like dogs over the course of american history. It'll kinda make you look at the white kid in school kinda differently, or even aggresively, especially when he are she are learning it for the first time too.
vash

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2006 7:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You are so right. It's psychological and wreaks havoc on a child's mind. Have you heard of the experiment with black children and white dolls, the children favored the white dolls over the black ones. Why? That's waht they think true beauty is. Anyway, I don't want to go off the subject, I was just agreeing with you.
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    withoutsanctuary.org Forum Index -> Read Visitor Comments All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: