withoutsanctuary.org
Comments about Without Sanctuary

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The Other Side

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    withoutsanctuary.org Forum Index -> Read Visitor Comments
View previous topic :: View next topic  
wojcihouskie

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2006 1:20 am    Post subject: The Other Side Reply with quote

When most people think of America, they think of the success, and freedom and equality in this country. There is another side that some people do not know of, or just do not want to talk about. I believe that for every success that this country has achieved, there is another side, or darker side to the story that was in the midst of the process. Our country is based on freedom and equality, we as a people have become much better about equality among races, but within the process of seeing eachother more equal there was the other side. This movie clip clearly portrays that side that our country surely looks down upon nowadays. We see the hatred in the white men's eyes in all these photos. We see the ignorance and arrogance in the eyes of the white men who felt it was in the best interest to get rid of the others. We see the other side of America that is generally left out of most discussions, but plays a significant role in our history.
Blackbird

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2006 3:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote]When most people think of America, they think of the success, and freedom and equality in this country[/quote]

I hear you.
But when I think of America the words "success", "freedom" and "equality" do not come to mind. Instead, I think of a people lain in waste, held to ransom by a draconian government and, having travelled around the world, one of the most rigidly bound and ethnocentric countries on the planet. Home of the brave? Perhaps. Land of the free? No way.
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    withoutsanctuary.org Forum Index -> Read Visitor Comments All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: