withoutsanctuary.org
Comments about Without Sanctuary

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

HIST 309

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    withoutsanctuary.org Forum Index -> Read Visitor Comments
View previous topic :: View next topic  
rlatka

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2006 3:43 pm    Post subject: HIST 309 Reply with quote

As I watched this video, i had to remind myself that the people hanging from trees were "free". It seems to me that these lynchings are proof of the failure of Reconstruction. It shows the lenghts white land owners in the south would go to keep control. Out of fear of losing power, land, and control of politics, violence became the fear tactic of choice. I think what appalled me most in these photos was the number of children witnessing these murders. These adults are breeding a new generation of not just racists, but violent racists. This is why history repeats it self.
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    withoutsanctuary.org Forum Index -> Read Visitor Comments All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: