withoutsanctuary.org
Comments about Without Sanctuary

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Anger

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    withoutsanctuary.org Forum Index -> Read Visitor Comments
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MatrixTrinity

PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2006 4:11 am    Post subject: Anger Reply with quote

My first reaction--after the horror--was anger. Those killers and torturers thought they were right, etc. People still think that way today. The issues may be different, but they still think, in regards to racism, "what the big deal, that was long along, etc." and they perpetuate the stupidity and the hate.

Humans are capable of such ultruism, compassion and greatness....and at the same time....horrible visciousness. We need to be reminded of this.
kjz99z28

PostPosted: Fri Dec 01, 2006 12:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think that when most people, like myself, see things like this and while it upsets me, I also want to be able to move on. I never participated in these actions, and I am also not trying to ignore them. I agree that remembering is important, and that we should do everything we can to prevent these types of things from happening, and that stopping them is extremely difficult. However, I also think that by pointing it out again and again, we are only being reminded of the pain and the suffering. I wish I knew the perfect way to both remember and move on from this, but I do not. I just know that a constant reminder prevents people from moving on. It just reminds us that racism exists. If we teach our children about racism, they have to think about it. If they never had to hear or understand things like that, it could possibly not occur to them. If only there was a way to find out. Unfortunately, we cannot keep our children in a bubble.
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    withoutsanctuary.org Forum Index -> Read Visitor Comments All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: