withoutsanctuary.org
Comments about Without Sanctuary

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

selective teaching of history

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    withoutsanctuary.org Forum Index -> Read Visitor Comments
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Veronica

PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2005 5:51 am    Post subject: selective teaching of history Reply with quote

Heartbreaking, but thank you for creating this site.
I am 35. I don't remember anything about this being taught in history classes growing up. "Selective history" taught in classes and to our young... yes, that's what it seems like.
As parents, we are expected to teach our children right from wrong. The only way to do so is to acknowledge and address certain behaviors, and in doing so, teaching responsibility.
In this light then, what are we as a nation and world teaching by ignoring certain shameful aspects of history? Does this not breed acceptance of those behaviors? Does this not breed irresponsibility?
Where are we at today as compared to the many years ago when these photographs were taken?
Just my thoughts.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2005 8:20 am    Post subject: Re: selective teaching of history Reply with quote

[quote="Veronica"]Heartbreaking, but thank you for creating this site.
I am 35. I don't remember anything about this being taught in history classes growing up. "Selective history" taught in classes and to our young... yes, that's what it seems like.
As parents, we are expected to teach our children right from wrong. The only way to do so is to acknowledge and address certain behaviors, and in doing so, teaching responsibility.
In this light then, what are we as a nation and world teaching by ignoring certain shameful aspects of history? Does this not breed acceptance of those behaviors? Does this not breed irresponsibility?
Where are we at today as compared to the many years ago when these photographs were taken?
Just my thoughts.[/quote]

In regards to your comment about teaching and ignoring certain shameful aspects of history AS A NATION...
I believe that America, will never teach its citizens the whole truth about what America has done. The material in text books rarely scratches the surface of events that took place. It is your job as an individual to spread the truth, because the Nation will not. It has never taken steps to do it, and it never will. Want to know why? Because if one knows the truth, he will not be able to enslaved by any means. On the job, In the marketplace, mentally and emotionally and anywhere else. Ignorance is control. And it is generated in America systematically. Everything is systematic here. Why haven't you realized this yet? Do some reading and you will see that truth is freedom, and ignorance is death.
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    withoutsanctuary.org Forum Index -> Read Visitor Comments All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: