withoutsanctuary.org
Comments about Without Sanctuary

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

an australian perspective

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    withoutsanctuary.org Forum Index -> Read Visitor Comments
View previous topic :: View next topic  
sandie

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2005 11:42 pm    Post subject: an australian perspective Reply with quote

someone linked your site to a bulletin board so i could try and gain a perspective about why there is so much emotion between the black and white issues in the USA

the movie was well presented and clear

the topic is certainly thought provoking, i am feeling silent as i try to understand why gangs of people would stand around a lynching as if it were the entertainment for the crowd

that there were postcards made of the deceased person just hanging there too is distressing, but i think it is something that is still carried on but in different ways in your country

i have heard of car chases that are shown on tv like they are entertainment, when there has been beheadings of hostages by terrorists i have seen people flock to web sites to see the film that was made of it, and when a disaster happens the news shows it over and over and over 24/7

perhaps it is just human nature... we get an andrenalin rush at seeing the misfortune of others

i wonder how many people are going to come and view this film with the intention of learning and understanding and how many will use it more entertainment value

thank you for the work you have done on the collection, i will bookmark it so i can see how it progresses

PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2005 12:49 am    Post subject: the photos Reply with quote

have invaluable information when you clickmore information

i didn't realise that it wasn't just blacks that were lynched, that immigrants and other white people faced the same fate

i also didnt realise that the lynchings were unlawful, mobs that took the law into their own hands

it is certainly an interesting history lesson
dcarter

PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2005 6:37 am    Post subject: shame Reply with quote

and they still have yet to repent. there is a god.
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    withoutsanctuary.org Forum Index -> Read Visitor Comments All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: