withoutsanctuary.org
Comments about Without Sanctuary

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Amazed that you're Amazed

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    withoutsanctuary.org Forum Index -> Read Visitor Comments
View previous topic :: View next topic  
minco

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2005 9:13 pm    Post subject: Amazed that you're Amazed Reply with quote

I am confounded but enlightned by the many post that are surprised at what they are witnessing here. Where has everybody been is my first reaction. Why did the world stand by and let this happen? Why is it not standard curriculum & required reading. What was in the world press during this time of Evil and Terror? Todays world is not without senseless death but the focus because of technology is always there. In that regard I am willing to give humanity a break for it's past transgressions. :-) The question that lingers deals with reconciliation. Not in the sense of bartering and exchange to right a wrong but accepting certain truths and implementing safeguards. However with the United States being the worlds remaining superpower whom would not participate in the world conference on race, some may find themselves a bit tepid at the thought of safeguards and controls on America. A lot of the people witnessing the lynchings in the photos are still alive and their influence even more-so alive amongst their lineage. Untold secrets live in the blood of brethren and kin unwilling to muster the courage to tell truths that would betray the love of family. So reconciliation for this scar of shame goes unaddressed. Documented but not addressed! Having grown up in the south in sixties I have witnessed the quiet wink and nod amongst God fearing Christian peoples when it comes to race.
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    withoutsanctuary.org Forum Index -> Read Visitor Comments All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: