withoutsanctuary.org
Comments about Without Sanctuary

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

speechless!

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    withoutsanctuary.org Forum Index -> Read Visitor Comments
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Keisha

PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2005 1:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think it is very sad for any human, black white or otherwise to think, feel, or even worse, verbally affirm any pleasure at the pictoral history of the hatred and evil that human beings have inflicted upon each other. For "Matt" to say that those people got what was coming to them is not only cruel, but also very careless. I wonder if you are excluding yourself from the proven fact that all human beings have the capability of being the victim of this sort of thing. I feel a great sense of pity for you, not for your views and thoughts (because I am sure you were not born with them, somone had to teach you those things) but for your apparent inablity or unwillingness to look at your fellow man as God intended us all to see each other, as images of Himself. Surely if we and our ancestors were able to do this, so many senseless killings could have been avoided. These photographs, however macabre, are a factual history of the things that have been allowed to happen to people in this country for one main reason: that there was no one in authority who cared enough to stop it. There were also photos of white, indian, and italian-americans in this section. Though the number of other races shown lynched is disproportionate to that of african americans, let it be known by all who see this, that skin color is not always a reason for this type of inhumane torture. I pose this question then to "Matt": would you feel the same way if one of the poor souls shown in these photographs was your father, or grandfather, or any other relative? Perhaps you could show some sympathy if it was one of your children? In this country, with its documented history of hasty acts of hatred, we would all do well to remember: There but for the grace of God go I. It could have been you, and how would you feel in the bosom of eternity looking down upon someone who says "he got what he deserved"? No one deserves to be attacked and executed, no one deserves to feel the horrifying emotion of naked terror as they are hunted down like woodland prey to answer to the anger of misguided individuals hungery for blood, any blood, be it innnocent or guilty. That is not the American way, and if it is, then the the Declaration of Independence, The Constitution, and any other document that has been drafted to help shape the legal system of this country is a farce. I will pray for you and any other member of the human race that shares your sentiment.
jeanvaljean

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2006 1:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I believe I saw you and your family in many of the pictures laughing and grinning like hound dogs, like hyenas, like jackals, after making a kill. Those faces of yours were also funny, comical, in their sad search for security, status and sweet, innocent blood. As you said, we all should get what we deserve, and more than anything, we should all get justice!
Smartsistah

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2006 5:50 pm    Post subject: better human than i Reply with quote

Keisha,
You are a better human being than I because I will not pray for a crazy white man or anybody else that would agree with lynching. Unfortunately, we black folk have been far too forgiving and you cannot appeal to conscience when obviously those white had none.

Not to say that all whites feel that way but few will do anything in their personal lives to stop benefiting from the gain of white supremacy. So really spend more time spiritually praying for how you and others can change things rather than for those that are lost because they indeed will get theirs!
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    withoutsanctuary.org Forum Index -> Read Visitor Comments All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: