withoutsanctuary.org
Comments about Without Sanctuary

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Is it too late to prosecute for these crimes?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    withoutsanctuary.org Forum Index -> Read Visitor Comments
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kinfolk

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2007 12:15 am    Post subject: Is it too late to prosecute for these crimes? Reply with quote

It would be interesting to learn of any legal recourse family members can take today, to bring justice to those involved with the unjust lynching of these individuals. I believe the time to revisit these crimes are now. Can anyone provide any information on steps to take to reopen an investigation on some of these cases? I am most interested in cases, where blacks were held in custody by the local authorities, where ordinary citizens who had no legal authority to do so, were given entry to the jails and allowed to take these men into custody and allowed to commit their evil crime. (e.g the four men lynched in Russellville, KY in 1908, three of whom I may be related)
Shouldn't the local authorities of these towns be accountable in some way?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    withoutsanctuary.org Forum Index -> Read Visitor Comments All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: