withoutsanctuary.org
Comments about Without Sanctuary

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

This is an outrage!!!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    withoutsanctuary.org Forum Index -> Read Visitor Comments
View previous topic :: View next topic  
friedasanders

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2007 7:26 pm    Post subject: This is an outrage!!! Reply with quote

Why don't we as black americans have scholarships for every person of african american decent that wants to attend a college or university? Look at we have overcome as individuals! Why are we not able to further ourselves like everyone else? Why are we SO hated?!!!! This is an outrage! I am completely sick that someone could pass a postcard like such to others as if it is of a vacation or reunion. This is what was indoctrinated into young children that are still alive today or might have passed this on to their children who wear uniforms everyday (i.e., police officers, doctors,law-makers, congress, teachers; etc.). All I can say is God Have Mercy!!!!
rbroser

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2007 5:17 pm    Post subject: This Video Shows The Horrors of Racism, Everyone Must See It Reply with quote

I agree, what African-Americans and their descendents have experienced due to racial violence and discrimination is almost unreal. However, while this video certainly serves to enrage the population and make us outraged against racism, this is not its only purpose. This video also serves as a reminder that unless we admit that racism continues today, we will never be able to end racial tensions and abolish the color line that still encourages discrimination. Although as a white man I can never fully understand how you felt when you saw this video, I know that all people, including myself, must learn to see everyone else without judging them by their skin color or by their ancestry. I hope that this video encourages us not only to realize that presence of racism today, but also that unless we promote equality and interracial friendships that demotes judgment based on race, these same lynchings will probably continue forever.
Athena

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2007 3:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Honestly I believe college should be free for all Americans. I am tired of hearing about foreigners being able to go to school here for free or be able to receive the same financial aid of students who are citizens. Now in NY they are talking about giving illegal immigrants the right to obtain driver's licenses. Driving is a privilege not a right.

I think a course in Black History should be mandatory for all students in HS. Some white people have never been around a black person and all they know about are the stereotypes they read about.

Education is key.
rbroser

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2007 1:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree that African-American History should be promoted, and even be required, in schools. Only when a person learns about another race's struggles, can a person both value equality and protest against racism. Enlightenment is the key.

However, giving citizenship to illegal immigrants is a completely different political issue. We should have another forum for that here *hint* *hint*.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    withoutsanctuary.org Forum Index -> Read Visitor Comments All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: