withoutsanctuary.org
Comments about Without Sanctuary

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Education and Intervention

Post new topic   Reply to topic    withoutsanctuary.org Forum Index -> Read Visitor Comments
View previous topic :: View next topic  
fiance

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2007 7:40 pm    Post subject: Education and Intervention Reply with quote

reading articles on the Jim Crow Laws, I stubbled in this site and re-discovered how public and widely followed by citizens these lynchings were.
I strongly believe that today's major problems concerning racism and recent history of racial violence relies in a certain refusal from white americans to accept to look at these dark pages of their history as being responsable ... even the people of today ... Germans went through years of (re-)education and acceptance of their responsability for the holocaust and did it as a nation not just blaming their ascendents.
If today we still have a Jena 6 situation, knowing that a kid is in jail just because he reacted to what could and should be considered as a threat and an insult to him, his familly, his community and his history ... it is difficult to see this movie without a sens of urgency.
There is a formidable lack of education in this country and for a start, maybe should we interfere and ask the Jena community to see this film and ask after how could they consider nooses on a tree a simple kid's prank? Or to Craig Franklin to tell me how is it possible that high school kids don't know that a noose on a tree has a violent and racist conotation?
rbroser

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2007 2:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, that is so true. People who perform acts of racial violence do not understand how cruel their actions really are. The biggest problem, I believe, is that they have no education that teaches them the important of equality.

If they do not understand how valuable their rights are and how people have struggled to obtain those same rights, they will continue to harass people of different ethnicities.

EDUCATION IS THE KEY. EDUCATION EQUALS ENLIGHTENMENT!

Thank you for making clear the importance of education.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    withoutsanctuary.org Forum Index -> Read Visitor Comments All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: