withoutsanctuary.org
Comments about Without Sanctuary

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Healing begins with truth.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    withoutsanctuary.org Forum Index -> Read Visitor Comments
View previous topic :: View next topic  
eurruela

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2007 4:48 am    Post subject: Healing begins with truth. Reply with quote

This nation needs to reveal its past. Understanding what hatred can do is visible with our past. We have many heros in this country who fought against there acts. They go hand in hand with our education. The struggles of Federick Douglas and Lincoln to end slavery. Fredrick Douglas, Martin Luther King, Rosa Parks and countless others prevailed in these harsh times. Its surprising to know that it is not taught in our schools. We must ,as a nation, learn from our mistakes. Invest in our children in education of understanding our past. If children can learn from these individuals they can make it. Our Democracy has failed to live up to what the founding fathers intended. Greed is the enemy and has killed so many from the slave trade, the American Indians, Jewish and so many at the hand of greed. Nazi Germany tried to exterminate the Jews. Yet we did exterminate the California Indian tribes Like the Chilulas, Chimarikos, Urebures, Nipewais and Alonas to name a few. Im Cuban, not by birth, but both parents struggled and made it in this country. I blended in well and I heard racism first hand for many years of my life. Knowledge allowed me to challange there ideals. Racism will slow through learning of our cultures. This website and book is a stepping stone in the right direction. I think that this is a good tool for posting good books to read. Specials like CNNs and PBS programing showing the past. Education is the KEY. Becoming part of the political process, Volunteer in inner city schools, where the poverty level runs 80 percent, and mentor a student. If this country and our children can change one generation we will never be poor again. Dont kid ourselves because in todays climate Black Americans in the inner city are still slaves to there environment. We must as a nation invest in the schools, invest in the communites and offer an alternative to drugs and gangs. Thanks for this site.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    withoutsanctuary.org Forum Index -> Read Visitor Comments All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: