withoutsanctuary.org
Comments about Without Sanctuary

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Mistaken Torture

Post new topic   Reply to topic    withoutsanctuary.org Forum Index -> Read Visitor Comments
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jessica;;1

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2007 2:59 am    Post subject: Mistaken Torture Reply with quote

[b]Is this mistaken torture how we used to live?[/b]
People being accused of something they didnt do just because they were a part of a different race? Doesnt make sense to me or anyone else in this generation.
Back then lynching was a part of peoples everyday life, they would take people off the streets, beat them, torture them, and hang them. It was a part of life for people to gather in streets, fields and even bridges to photograph and report hangings and lynchings.
Its not fair how people would suffer, be tortured and go through the pain without court rulings or law adjustments or anything like that. It was an unfair part of life, but it did happen and maybe we need to accept that. We cant change what happened in the past, but we can stop what happens now, or in the future.

The picture i chose was of The lynching of nineteen-year-old Elias Clayton, nineteen-year-old Elmer Jackson, and twenty-year-old Isaac McGhie. June 15, 1920, Duluth, Minnesota.
These kids were only hanged because they were negros. They were hung in 1920 during a race riot.
I do believe that they didnt die. Racism was a deffinate part of their untimely death[/i][/b]
Post new topic   Reply to topic    withoutsanctuary.org Forum Index -> Read Visitor Comments All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: