withoutsanctuary.org
Comments about Without Sanctuary

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

CRUEL AND UNUSUAL

Post new topic   Reply to topic    withoutsanctuary.org Forum Index -> Read Visitor Comments
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SONOFAMILLIONAIRE

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2007 4:51 pm    Post subject: CRUEL AND UNUSUAL Reply with quote

Even though ALL whites are not to blame, ALL did benefit from our "Cruel and Unusual Treatment"

Last edited by SONOFAMILLIONAIRE on Sat Jan 19, 2008 7:25 am; edited 1 time in total
rbroser

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2007 6:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That is absolutely true. The wealth of the United States during the sixteenth, seventeenth, eighteenth, and nineteenth centuries came from many blacks who despite their efforts and commitment were labeled as "inferior".

Why? Because as long as your people were portrayed as lesser beings, than all other people, specifically whites, would assume themselves as that of a "higher" social class. That is why discrimination against blacks has continued for so long: as long as one ethnic group is discriminated, the others will be relieved not to be that group. I am a Jew, and I too have seen that throughout history (Black Plague, Holocaust), my people have been scapegoated and persecuted so that other groups would feel superior.

As I am a white man, I too am responsible for this hatred that penetrates our society to this day, because I, and millions of white people before me, have not stood up to oppose it. However, that changes today. Every person must understand that as long they continue living without addressing racism, human beings will continue to be ridiculed, persecuted, and murdered (I am sure that in the South, but not limited to that region, lynchings are still a common event) because those "people" believe that it does not affect them, and so it does not concern them.

However, it does affect them. As long as these acts of hatred continue unopposed, people will continue to think that these despicable crimes are not immoral. If we, as HUMANE human beings, are expected to treat every other human being with dignity and respect, then these horrific examples of racial hatred must be stopped. We are not benefiting from them because it is selfish and horrible of us to live our lives, indifferent to the suffering of others.

Stand up, unite, and let us bring racism and the murders that it encourages to an end! "There is time enough, but none to spare."
Aryan

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2008 11:34 pm    Post subject: Destroying the english language. Reply with quote

"ALL did benefited"
Are you kidding me? SPEAK ENGLISH! Maybe you will gain some respect.

Last edited by Aryan on Sat Jan 19, 2008 12:18 am; edited 1 time in total
rbroser

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2008 12:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Contrary to your accusation, I am speaking English.

I can understand why not EVERY Caucasian benefited from imperialism; However, what I was saying was that MOST whites (including my own ancestors) benefited from it. When I walk into a mall or enter a restaurant, I believe that I would feel more socially secure than if an African-American or Asian-American entered a building, in a country where the two majorities are whites or Hispanics.

The point is, every person has to put themselves into the shoes of someone who is likely to be persecuted for his or her religion or by the color of his or her skin, BECAUSE most whites encounter less obstacles in life because of our history. If you object to my opinion, I would like to know why, and not to just see a blaring statement attempting to criticize my English.
Aryan

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2008 12:30 am    Post subject: look before you leap Reply with quote

Hahaha!
Do you or do you NOT see that I have quoted SONOFAMILLIONAIRE.
So do not jump to your false conclusions. I know how to read and If I had ANY problem what so ever or disagreed with you, I would ask you questions and talk to you like the adult I am. :)

All I was really thinking was some people could use a spell check function :)
Aryan

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2008 12:45 am    Post subject: BUT Reply with quote

The only place I have ever been where I was NOT the minority is Warsaw.... So to say black is a minority is right and also wrong, in a sense. Its not the 1800's the black population is just as big as the white population..... I have never gotten the "Oh, It's because I'm black" statement. If I walked in to a predominantly black clothing, record shop, business, DO YOU REALLY THINK THEY WOULD HIRE ME! NO! Most older people are horribly racist. They lived through things we cannot imagine and they were raised that way. Don't let it get to you... If you know it's not true, just realize they are treating you like this because there something is wrong with THEM not you! I hate racism on all sides. Its demeaning and hurtful.
SONOFAMILLIONAIRE

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2008 7:24 am    Post subject: Re: CRUEL AND UNUSUAL Reply with quote

[quote="SONOFAMILLIONAIRE"]Even though ALL whites are not to blame, ALL did benefit from our "Cruel and Unusual Treatment"[/quote]
SONOFAMILLIONAIRE

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2008 7:30 am    Post subject: Re: Destroying the english language. Reply with quote

[quote="Aryan"]"ALL did benefited"
Are you kidding me? SPEAK ENGLISH! Maybe you will gain some respect.[/quote]

Thank you for the heads up. I corrected the typo, now do you have any worthwhile comments or just stopping to spew a little hate speech ?
rbroser

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2008 3:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oops! Sorry about that, Aryan! :-P

Anyway, you're right, it'd be nice if people spelled their responses correctly (unfortunately, its the internet, heh).
SONOFAMILLIONAIRE

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2008 4:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No Rob, Aryan is not correct.I made a simple typographic error, more commonly known as a misspelled word. Aryan made very rude comments and instead of enlisting consideration for her or his views instead hostility has been genrated. Nothing get's done and no one is heard. I am new to this forum and I am not aware of a spell check feature. If one exists please point it out and I will be happy to use it in the future, but please refrain from personal attacks, thank you.[size=18][/size]
Aryan

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2008 7:36 pm    Post subject: it makes me laugh a little..... Reply with quote

HATE SPEECH...... exsqueeze me! Hate speech is bashing white people continuously, which you are guilty of! YOUR people this and YOUR people that.... Its repulsive and disrespectful to see that. You don't see people bashing other races on here. If they did they would sure be banned. you need to have respect for people of all races its not 1910 anymore its 2008. Don't you think over nearly 100 years "MOST" people have changed their ideas on what is wrong and right, I do. If you would look at yourself and realize you are the one bashing people for what their ancestors did you would feel kind of silly.

P.s. Just because your on a guilt trip does not mean I'm wrong! :D
-------
Opinions are like arseholes! Everyone has one!
SONOFAMILLIONAIRE

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2008 6:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My main concerns and choices of topics for my comments were my own opinions and they have not changed. I am not attempting to change how you feel. The anger you have now about race matters in this country, I once harbored. I am a product of the African American society. These are my own realities I speak of and share with others. I have seen changes, we have all made efforts but it has been slow. Comments made like mine "hate Speech" and like yours "Speak english and you might get respect", serve no purpose except to directly attack, insight and set eachother further apart. BTW, I have self respect which is all I require for myself, what you personally think about me is not really important to me. Read over your post and step away for a second and you will see a lot of wasted energy and anger displayed in your writings. I should be as angry as you, but I am not.

Peace be with you.
cpsheely

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2008 8:53 pm    Post subject: Re: CRUEL AND UNUSUAL Reply with quote

[quote="SONOFAMILLIONAIRE"]Even though ALL whites are not to blame, ALL did benefit from our "Cruel and Unusual Treatment"[/quote]

'All are still benefitting'

In my opinion that is the point of all of these articles. Whites continue to benefit from their privilege as do men, christians, ablebodied, heterosexual, wealthy the list goes on and on.
rbroser

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2008 3:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SONOFOMILLIONARIE, I understand if you feel that pointing out grammatical correcting in your writing is a personal attack on your beliefs.

However, I am only saying that when a person says something without a conjunction or in all capital letters, he or she sends the message that they are angry or offended by what someone wrote.

The issues we talk about on this forum are very serious (I am sure you know this), and I believe that the more calm and clear our writing is, the better we can understand each other.

If we can understand each other and discuss racism and racial violence in a diplomatic manner, then the more likely we can put aside our differences, learn to forgive each other, and bring people of all ethnicities closer together.

This forum is the place where we should attempt to destroy the barriers that slavery and discrimination (which are hateful and a stain on the reputation of the world) have created, realize our mistakes, and truly become better people.

That is all I desire, and this forum is where it can be done.
dbattle

PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2008 10:16 pm    Post subject: Re: BUT Reply with quote

[quote="Aryan"]The only place I have ever been where I was NOT the minority is Warsaw.... So to say black is a minority is right and also wrong, in a sense. Its not the 1800's the black population is just as big as the white population..... [/quote]

Whites make up 80.2% of the US population, Blacks 12.3%, Hispanics 12.5%, Asians 3.6%. [url]http://www.infoplease.com/ipa/A0762156.html[/url]

Even in your listed state (NY), Whites make up 73.7%, Blacks 17.4%, Hispanics 16.3%, Asians 6.9%.
[url]http://quickfacts.census.gov/qfd/states/36000.html[/url]

The Black population is NOT just as big as the White population.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    withoutsanctuary.org Forum Index -> Read Visitor Comments All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: