withoutsanctuary.org
Comments about Without Sanctuary

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

adolesent 'popular' reaction

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    withoutsanctuary.org Forum Index -> Read Visitor Comments
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Shelby

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2005 12:43 pm    Post subject: adolesent 'popular' reaction Reply with quote

I think that this web site is a good learning tool for those who eren't there to witness the terrible deeds before and during the Civil Rights movement. It confronts the truth. For instance, it exposese the real eyes behind the facade of Southern 'gentlemen': lynching happened to men, yes, but knowing that it became the deadly fate of women and children makes widespread the knowledge of the viciousness of these acts. What's worse is that people who took entertainment from this reproduced pictures and sold them for profit. It is a good thing to learn of these crimes against humanity and not hide from them, because it really makes it possible for many people to turn around the twist of time and make right what was once wrong. Do not lay blame now, but see it as what it could be, a long-time mistake. A dangerous and killing mistake, it's all too true, but never the less a misjudgment by a vast number of people. They were committing the all-too-familiar crime of following the popular opinion. I think that the most we can do is try to correct this wrong and move on, and hope that nothing of this magnitude happens again.[i][/i]
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    withoutsanctuary.org Forum Index -> Read Visitor Comments All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: