withoutsanctuary.org
Comments about Without Sanctuary

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

American History with Our Children

Post new topic   Reply to topic    withoutsanctuary.org Forum Index -> Read Visitor Comments
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ecocindy1

PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2012 10:53 pm    Post subject: American History with Our Children Reply with quote

Ironically, I located this website on the 2012 birthdate of Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. (1-15-12). I viewed your "Without Sanctuary" exhibit, when it came to the King Center in Atlanta, Georgia a number of years ago. My teenage nieces attended the exhibit with me and were speechless. Having been raised in Germany and Italy, they had never seen this side of African-American history. Outrage at lynchings were shared, in the exhibit, from distant lands like Paris, France, but not many from our own U.S. of A. Let it be known that lynching-like deaths have happened in Georgia within the past 20 years and that the struggle continues.

After leaving the exhibit, I began to create historical folkart and poetry for children. My first panel was of two lynched souls whose bodies were revealed at dawn. It is very important for all Americans, especially our children, to learn about the history of all people in the making of the United States of America.

Thank you for choosing to share your surreal photo gallery with the world to chronicle a time all men and women were not seen as equal.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    withoutsanctuary.org Forum Index -> Read Visitor Comments All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: