withoutsanctuary.org
Comments about Without Sanctuary

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Use for High School

Post new topic   Reply to topic    withoutsanctuary.org Forum Index -> Read Visitor Comments
View previous topic :: View next topic  
andrewsidle

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2012 6:08 pm    Post subject: Use for High School Reply with quote

Thanks so much for this website. Modern day students, in general, do not understand the gravity of the race situation back at the beginning of the 20th c., so when I teach Langston Hughes's "Let America Be America Again," many of his points are lost. Lynching, subjected mostly on African-Americans, demonstrates the depth of the horrors blacks in the U.S. struggled against. As Charles W. Chesnutt notes in his *The Marrow of Tradition* (1901), the 13th, 14th, and 15th Amendments hardly mean the end of racial barbarism and the beginning of joy between the races, and this website shows the truth behind African-American furor then and continued calls for justice now. Thank you, James Allen, for your courage in posting these photos, and for your eloquence in speaking of them. (The book is incredible, too!)
Leila87

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2012 10:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Totally agree. I would like to thank JAmes Allen here as well in order not to post a new thread. I hpe the contents of this site will help my students to realize how did the things happen and give them food for thought. Thank you very much!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    withoutsanctuary.org Forum Index -> Read Visitor Comments All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: