withoutsanctuary.org
Comments about Without Sanctuary

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Hope for the future

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    withoutsanctuary.org Forum Index -> Read Visitor Comments
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jdthomas

PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2005 12:45 pm    Post subject: Hope for the future Reply with quote

I was fortunate to be able to watch Mr. Allen on C-Span yesterday, June 18th. I want to thank him from the bottom of my heart for his work which I believe heightens our awareness of past realities and affords us with the information to allow us all to grow. It seems to me that America, as a whole, has ceased to grow as a community of tolerance. Many times we seem to be unable to apologize for our past and we fall into hopeless abyss of leaning on our checkered history and rely on that past as a roadmap for our future. I find it ironic that our Constitution still enumerates a portion of our citizens as 3/5 of a person, yet we refer to this antiquated document as if it were our national scripture that cannot be tampered with. May all of us be blessed with a future that allows us to continue to work for what is right and assist us all in discovering the real truth that lies within our souls.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2005 6:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i am only 15 years old and those photos were just devestating to me. i really appreciate that someone took there time to research and let people know how serious lynching was. that was a very nice movie and i think that you should continue to do more work like this. thanks again for caring
Kush Queen

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2005 12:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="Anonymous"]i am only 15 years old and those photos were just devestating to me. i really appreciate that someone took there time to research and let people know how serious lynching was. that was a very nice movie and i think that you should continue to do more work like this. thanks again for caring[/quote]

As a fifteen year old in "today's times," I think it is great that you are aware of what is going on around you.
QUESTION EVERYTHING, kid.
don't let the opinions and beliefs of others poison your young, sponge-like mind.
Learn to think for yourself.
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    withoutsanctuary.org Forum Index -> Read Visitor Comments All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: