withoutsanctuary.org
Comments about Without Sanctuary

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Lynching In America

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    withoutsanctuary.org Forum Index -> Read Visitor Comments
View previous topic :: View next topic  
reddragon696

PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2005 9:32 am    Post subject: Lynching In America Reply with quote

I am truely saddened at the absolute cruelty we as a society and as individuals are capable of purpatrating on our fellow man for no other reason than ignorance and fear of those who are different.
I would like to think that this is a problem we have learned to never repeat but unfortunately it appears to be very much alive in todays world.
As long as prejudice, bigotry and intolerance is allowed to continue we will always have these types of atrocities occuring.
In the past it was the Blacks, Jewish and other minorities, to day it is the Gays, Lesbians and still the minorities. The times may be different but the crimes are still the same.
I wonder if we will ever grow up and learn to accept ALL people as equal. It seems as if we as a Society always have to have someone whom we can belittle, condemn and blame for all the petty problems that come naturally with living in a crowded world.
Kush Queen

PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2005 8:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

All people are not equal.

What do they equal to?

What kind of equality are you talking about?

There can never be equality when it comes to human beings, because everyone is different. Not everyone accepts the same views. You must understand this in order to answer your comment about
"growing up and learning to accept all people as equal."

And about "growing up," there are adults who still haven't "grown up." You can only be "grown up" when you know the truth.
abbey123

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2005 7:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i find the pictures published on this site completely atrocious and disturbing and i never knew that people were so cruel and evil to do such things.
but then being as young as i am (15) then i am naieve to the harsh racial acts that once occured in the states. Hopefully i will now learn to truely open my eyes. I have only found out about the lynchings through having to research them for an essay i have to write about 'Of Mice and Men' (John Steinbeck).
All i can say is that i hope that after finding about these happenings in America that hopefully nothing as dreadful happened in my home Country England. Although yet again im probably being naieve.
I think that the knowledge of these awful lynchings should be widely taught so that they may never happen again and hopefully some day all forms of racism can cease to exist.
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    withoutsanctuary.org Forum Index -> Read Visitor Comments All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: