withoutsanctuary.org
Comments about Without Sanctuary

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Anything Is Possible

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    withoutsanctuary.org Forum Index -> Read Visitor Comments
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Heru

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2005 4:18 am    Post subject: Anything Is Possible Reply with quote

It makes me think of social norms... Once upon a time these sick and horrible displays were a part of this country's normal and accepted way. Even if at the time some might have thought there was something wrong with what was going on, it was still normal and accepted. Prior to the time period of these postcards there were seemingly worse things that went on in the everyday normal and accepted way of American life. And at the time of these postcards most everyone must have thought that "Things are better now." and maybe some even went as far as to thinking that "Things are good now." The reality is that at just about any given point in time if not at any given point in time there are some people that are the vehicle that bring misery and suffering to other people. The reality is that at just about any given point in time if not at any given point in time there are some people that have no sanctuary. But in the moment the masses dont seem to notice the extent of the madness of the time; the inbalance of the world; and the role that we all play in it all. It is not till tragedy visits our home that we become outraged. It is not till situations and conditions reach their boiling point that we care enough to make a change. A lot of times it is not till after the fact when we seem disconnected and seperate from the past that we become present to the reality of what has taken place. There is so much trouble in the world today but to so many of us do not see the trouble because we suscribe to the thought that "Things are better now." and to some of us "Things are good now." There is so much healing that needs to take place as much today as was needed back then. These images of the past that disturb our spirit when we look at them now have taken on new forms in our present day. Dont be fooled by our advances in technology, wealth, etc... As a global civilazation we have not advanced much if at all. Our respect for the earth, for nature and all of its children is at a serious deficit. I struggle with this truth because I would love to know that things will change for the better and that things will become good but I do not know what direction we are going to take and I do not know where we will end up. The only sanctuary that I have right now is the sanctuary of possibilities. Anythings is possible...
Kush Queen

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2005 12:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

These issues you struggle with? ...When ti all comes down to it, it's all about you. And which direction YOU want to take in regards to "making things better". Remember this: People will turn on you in a second. At the end of the day, if YOU know that YOU have done good, don't stress out about what other people are doing, because not everyone can be helped.

Do your part.
Help guide, but don't impose.
Let everyone else find their own way.
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    withoutsanctuary.org Forum Index -> Read Visitor Comments All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: