Becoming Aware

Comments about how the information on this site, affects you are appreciated. This forum is not intended for interactive discussion or comments/conversations. More specifically we prefer that you do not comment on other people’s comments. Registration IS now required to post a message due to the spammers posting irrelevant information. Your registration will be approved by the forum moderator within one day.

(NOTE: This forum moderated, racist, intolerant, inflammatory comments will be removed.)
kselico

Becoming Aware

Post by kselico » Fri Jun 05, 2015 2:57 am

I believe the websites such as this alert the community in a way in which we can see what is actually going on, or should i say what has been going on. These things are relevant event today and i feel that our community, most importantly black individuals young and old. But its like Malcom X said you can't know where your going if you don't know where you've been. This is very true today and there is a viscous cycle going on and it is not being addressed properly because it is not being taught enough in the home and in the education system about this kind of history. There are alot of black history classes being cut all across the nation why? Young black individuals male and female are unaware and are ignorant to their place in society and the history that is relevant to how we are viewed today. Racism is very much alive and it is not easy to just watch as the community is being fed mindless waist that turns them into followers and becoming incarcerated or even killed. There are more black men in women in jail today than there was back in the 1800's when slavery was very much real. That ratio has to changed and it all starts with informing the people. I am in college and i am proudly part of the BSU (Black Student Union), which is an organization to not only unite black people of all ages but other ethnic groups as well. I have heard the question form some white brothers who reply "why is there a black student union what if we made a white student union" and my response is that these organizations for Blacks are not created to undermine another ethnic group or to even separate ourselves to just mainly black people. That is not what the group is about, it represents unity and togetherness and at the same time the history that is American History tells a story of many oppressed people, one of those groups being blacks. Those who were segregated and discriminated against and even killed because we were supposedly inferior to whites. That's were these things arise it is very relevant to the issues that are seen today. They have to see and understand the whole story. Many people were murdered senselessly because of and idea, and a justification.

Gurdianpf

Post by Gurdianpf » Mon Jun 15, 2015 4:54 am

I like that you brought this story to tell.